AXIM is actively involved in the research and development of innovative pharmaceutical delivery systems and API (active pharmaceutical ingredients) for treatment of conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), spasticity, pain, RLS (restless leg syndrome) and Crohn’s disease. Research in the use of molecularly modified cannabinoids as neuroprotectants is currently being conducted. Use of industrial hemp-derived CBG-containing (cannabigerol) formulations for dermatological applications is also being researched currently and will be introduced to the public in our dermatology/cosmetology formulations pipeline.
MedChewRx™ is the first of its kind pharmaceutical, functional chewing gum containing cannabinoids. The clinical studies are ongoing in world renowned universities in Europe and the USA. The research protocols are conducted in strict adherence to the FDA/ EMA guidelines. AXIM’ team of researchers is the first to realize the beneficial, neuroprotective benefits of the act of mastication (See Selected Research Articles).
The patented controlled-release, functional chewing gum is the first preparation of its kind, which not only provides its proprietary API’ but a fundamentally unique additional benefits via the act of mastication.
Completing a clinical trial at the Free University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands in collaboration with the University of Plymouth, UK as well as an academic center in the USA for a novel, patented delivery form of cannabinoids for the treatment of chronic pain and spasticity in patients with multiple sclerosis. The anticipated duration of the trials prior to FDA/ EMA registration is 24 months.
- Conducting research trials of a novel delivery mechanism (patent pending) for the treatment of patients with ADHD.
- Conducting of clinical trials at the university of Wageningen, The Netherlands on patients with irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease using innovative, (patent pending) delivery mechanisms containing cannabinoids.
- Conducting of a clinical trial at the University of British Columbia, Canada on patients suffering from drug-related psychosis using innovative, (patented) delivery mechanisms containing cannabinoids.
- Conducting of a clinical trial at the Dermatological center Maurits clinic The Hague, The Netherlands on patients with psoriasis and atopic dermatitis using innovative, (patent pending) delivery mechanisms containing cannabinoids.
- Development of novel (patent pending) pharmaceutical and nutraceutical cannabinoid-based preparation “CannQuit™” formulations for smoking cessation.
- Development of novel (patent pending) antibacterial preparations based on cannabinoids “Cannacyn™” and “Cannonych™”.
- Development of ophthalmological preparations based on cannabigerol “CannBleph™” (patent pending).
Development of new active pharmaceutical ingredient molecules incl, prodrug formulations.
AXIM is in the process of developing a unique extraction and freeze-drying technology for production of molecularly/genetically controlled—therefore extremely pure—pharma-grade cannabinoids extracted from industrial hemp.
AXIM’s strategy for the period 2014-2018 will position the Company as one of the world leaders in the clinical development of novel phytocannabinoid-based medicines.
The Company offers its prospective investors the opportunity to participate in a pharmaceutical drug development project based on safe molecules with a broad base of traditional use and proven scientific support in terms of efficacy and toxicity. This project is expected to generate significant earnings based on the quick demonstration of clinical proof of concept in indications clearly not met by current pharmacology, with exponential growth market potential.